Based on that tweaking, I've created a list of lessons that are serving as Primrose's faith formation for this year. You'll find those lessons below- feel free to borrow any or all of it. We are really enjoying them so far! They are separated into three main parts: My Faith, Reconciliation, and Eucharist. All of her written work is being collected into a binder that is divided into these three sections.
Resources we're using
First Communion Catechism by Lawrence G. Lovasik
Communion & Confession Coloring Book
Catholic Treasure Box #17 (on the Holy Trinity)
The Weight of a Mass by Josephine Nobisso
The Lesson Plans
~Part One: My Faith~
1. What My Name Means- use this website to read about the saints associated with her first and middle names, and do illustrated narrations of both.
2. My Baptism- make a scrapbook page of photos from her baptism day. Include the following handwritten copywork: Baptism is a new birth as a child of God, the beginning of a new life of God's grace in us.
3. Read chapter 3 of the Catechism: The Holy Trinity. Read Treasure Box book #17 on the Holy Trinity. Sing "Father, I Adore You. Jesus, I Adore You. Spirit, I Adore You..."
4. The Nicene Creed copywork (this may take several days).
5. Guardian Angel- discuss guardian angels, draw a picture of a guardian angel and include the Guardian Angel Prayer as copywork: Angel of God, my guardian dear, to whom His love commits me here, ever this night be at my side, to light and guard, to rule and guide. Amen.
6. Eucharistic Adoration- discuss the importance of the True Presence. Visit the True Presence at the Adoration Chapel.
7. The Lord is My Shepherd- illustrate and copywork Psalm 23.
8. Read chapter 14 of the Catechism: Mary the Mother of God. Narrate and illustrate, or choose a favorite coloring page of Mary.
9. Prayer Copywork: Our Father, Hail Mary, and Glory Be.
~Part Two: Reconciliation~
1. Read chapter 8 of the Catechism: The Sacrament of Penance, and do page 4 of the coloring book.
2. Read chapter 13 of the Catechism: The Ten Commandments. Write the commandments as copywork (this may take several days) and color page 6 in the coloring book.
3. Read Luke 15: 11-24, The Prodigal Son. Color page 2 of the coloring book.
4. Read Luke 19:1-10, Zaccheus. Do an illustrated narration of the story.
5. Read John 15: 1, 4, 5, The Vine and the Branches. Watercolor a picture and write the verse as copywork.
6. Read Luke 15: 1-7, The Lost Sheep. Do an illustrated narration of the story.
7. Read chapters 10 & 11 of the Catechism: The First Sin & Our Own Sins. Color pages 8-9 in the coloring book.
8. Do the "Order of Reconciliation" work provided by the parish to learn the sequence of the sacrament.
9. Review the order of the sacrament, and write the Act of Contrition as copywork. Begin committing it to memory.
10. Cut and past an Examination of Conscience.
11. Do coloring pages 15 & 17 and practice reciting the Act of Contrition.
~Part Three: Eucharist~
1. Read the story of The Last Supper from the Bible. Color page 18 of the coloring book. Write Luke 22:19 as copywork: "Do this in memory of me."
2. Read chapter 9 from the Catechism: The Holy Eucharist. Color page 21 from the coloring book, and write John 6:35 as copywork: "I am the bread of life."
3. Read the story of the Resurrection from the Bible. Discuss God's power over his own body, and color page 19 of the coloring book.
4. Tell the story of the Wedding at Cana from John 2. Discuss how God showed his power over material elements, and do an illustrated narration.
5. Tell the story of the Storm on the Sea from the Bible. Discuss how when Jesus speaks, it becomes a reality. Do an illustrated narration.
6. Tell the story of the Road to Emmaus from the Bible and discuss how the disciples did not recognize Our Lord until the breaking of the bread. We might not recognize Him either, but he is really present in the bread anyway. Do an illustrated narration.
7. Color pages 22 & 28 and discuss proper reception of the Eucharist.
8. Color pages 29 & 30 and review proper reception of the Eucharist.
9. Write Luke 7:7 as copywork: Lord, I am not worthy to receive you, but only say the word and I shall be healed.
10. Have the first communicant write a letter to Jesus asking to receive communion.
11. Read the letter written by Andy & I with our prayer for her.
12. Read The Weight of a Mass. Do an illustrated narration.