Outside my window...Cold, and it's only going to get colder. This next week we'll be seeing temps in the 20's.
Giving thanks...for the healthy delivery of my best friend Meghan's new baby boy. I'm dying to breathe him in.
I am thinking about...
what it means to teach from a state of rest. What trips you up when you think about teaching from a state of rest? What's hardest about doing just that? Why is it so hard for us all, do you think? (I really do want to hear your thoughts on that.)
In the Schoolroom...NaNoWriMo starts today, and I've got a couple of little authors who want to take the challenge (thanks to Kimberlee for the gentle inspiration!). We'll be scaling back in other areas to make lots and lots of time for writing- starting and finishing a novel in one month's time is no small feat! The kids are loving St. Patrick's Summer: A Child's Adventure Catechism, and I'm getting near-daily requests for more Shakespeare.
|Just...you know... two peas in a pod. Oh yes I did. It couldn't be helped, really. I had to.|
From the kitchen...Chili, Zesty Slow Cooker Chicken BBQ, Minestrone Soup, and Pumpkin Cake. All prepared gluten-free, natch.
I am creating...
plans for a series I want to run here on the blog later this winter. I need to do some solid writing to make it happen, though. The question remains: will all these little people let me?
If not, at least they're adorable.
If not, at least they're adorable.
I don't ever want to forget...The way Posy squealed with delight and ran into Andy's arms the other day when he got home from work. It was pure joy bubbling right out of her. You can't fake joy like that.
I am working on...our routine. And I'm realizing that it all hinges on how self disciplined I am, darn it anyway.
I am reading...Hm. Not much new, I guess. When it takes me this long to rotate titles, I know I've been spending too much time dinking around online, not enough time with my nose inserted. Still working on Loving the Little Years: Motherhood in the Trenches by Rachel Jankovic and Common Sense 101: Lessons from GK Chesterton by Dale Ahlquist. I just got my copy of Leigh Bortins's new book, The Question: Teaching Your Child the Essentials of Classical Education, so I fully expect to get sidetracked by that one.
I am praying...Morning and Evening Prayer with the Divine Office App. The app is, quite frankly, revolutionizing my prayer life. Trust me- it needed the revolution.
|All Saints party at our homeschool group. Can you find my St. Rose of Lima, Blessed Teresa, and St. George?|
|He's too fast. I can barely catch him in the frame. ;) The fabulous Mother Teresa costume is on loan from the sweet and generous Melody. Thank you Melody!|
I am struggling...
to get to bed at a decent hour, so that I can get up earlier than everyone else. It is becoming quite apparent that I absolutely must get up before everyone else. When I do, the whole day runs smooth (ish, you know how it is). When I don't? Yeah, let's not talk about it.
I am hearing...the Fr John Riccardo podcast- thanks to suggestions in my combox. Wow, what a fabulous podcast! A new favorite, definitely.
Pam's got a new project going called Living Liturgy that is definitely going to be worth your time. I plan on participating. I've also recently enjoyed this re-run of Elizabeth's. And I think this Fall Soup Party sounds like lots of fun.
Around the house...A little at a time- small snippets of time devoted to tasks here and there. It's not great, but it's keeping us afloat. More or less.
One of my favorite things...
this life. It's crazy and chaotic and absolutely spectacular. Even when I think it isn't.
A few plans for the next week...Normal crazy. It's good.
Instagram Photo Dump:
1. New scarf from Connected in Hope. Love. (And a cutie-pie photo bomb)
2. Doing her school like the big kids. She's gotta show the little guys how it's done.
3. Getting ready to go to Fred Meyer with two infants and a 1-year-old, all by myself. (I survived!) (Actually, I rocked it.) ;)
4. About to get real messy. And oh boy it did.
5. First bottle for Huck! I'm too lazy to pump so I don't do it often. I finally decided I'd better make sure these little guys will be at least willing to take a bottle on occasion, though.
6. Dewy too!
7. St. George, St. Rose of Lima, and Mother Teresa for Halloween and the Solemnity of All Saints.
8. Just... you know... two peas in a pod. Oh yes I did.
9. Rocking babies, listening to Andrew Kern. I love that time of day.
10. Mama-daughter date!
11. The girl has expensive taste in shoes already. #Danskos
12. Freshly pierced.
13. A hot cuppa and the new episode of Downton Abbey season 4. Bliss.
14. Big brother love. And a ponytail.
15.Toddler, teetering stack of laundry, Tuesday.
16. Primrose eyed my feet dubiously as we were getting ready to head out the door to Mass. "Mom, you do know that you are wearing two different shoes?" Um, no. #sleepdeprived